Now that you are done furnishing your modern home and you still feel there is something lacking in the decor, it is probably a rug that you’ve forgotten to add. It is unbelievable how adding a rug in a space can complement the entire look of your home. In short, rugs are still the best way to perk up the look of any home.
For a home that is in desperate need of excitement, adding a beautiful rug could be the perfect solution. While, this reason alone can be enough for decorating a living space with rugs, there are many more that will further persuade you to finish the look of your modern home by adding some amazing and interestingly designed rugs.
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that a rug could be that one last piece of a puzzle that will complete your home decor, assuming the rest of the pieces are together. Rugs have the quality of adding warmth and definition to the design of your modern living space.
As far as the question of using the rug at its best in a modern home is concerned, there are many ways to do so. However, the top reasons are highlighted below, to give you an idea where to start from. Take a look:
- A rug can be used to define different areas in a house. Since many modern houses are based on stylish architecture, it can be sometimes difficult for people to identify where one room ends and the other one begins. To make areas distinctive, adding a rug could be the way to do so.
- If you have larger rooms in your home, you can consider placing two rugs in the same room. However, make sure they are of different sizes or at least of different shapes, to avoid them looking tacky or the room looking too crowded.
- In modern homes, it is important to consider the themes and colours to keep up with first-class decor. To maintain the trend, make sure the rug matches the colours used on the walls or at least compliment the entire theme to make it stand out.
- When using multiple rugs in one area, keep up with the style by placing two rugs that complement the style of each other. If you fail to do so, your room may look smaller than it actually is. Different patterns on different rugs within a small space will pull down the harmonizing sense that is present in most modern homes these days.
- Your favourite rug can be utilized for adding volume to the space together with bringing visual silence. If your wallpaper or upholstery displays an ornate pattern, select rugs with more subtle designs. On the contrary, if your walls are more subdued, trying a rug with a busier pattern will bring an interesting touch to your living space.
- You do not have to spend a lot of money to use rugs as a focal point of your home. Even cheap rugs can create an impact and make a significant difference in the ambience of your room. You can achieve this by using a rug with an interesting design as a wall hanger.
If you keep these usages of rugs in modern homes in mind, you will end up buying a suitable and interesting rug for your living space. Check out your options online before you proceed.
Mike Stefanon is passionate about discovering new ideas for home decor to make a home look more interesting and appealing. He also studied about how cheap rugs can be used to give character to modern homes. The author loves to share his findings with his audience.
Latest posts by MonicaH (see all)
- Make Lasting Friendships with People like You: How to Make Friends Online - June 14, 2013
- It Is The Sports Events That Leave The Best Memories - May 18, 2013
- Easy improvements to make your home a happy place - April 11, 2013