The cause of erectile dysfunction (ED) has to be determined before it can be cured. Emotional causes, physical causes or both can result in ED. Almost every man will have at least a single episode of ED at some point in his life. It can be a single isolated occurrence or it can last for days, even weeks at a time. It is possible that it can disappear, or it could require intervention of a medical nature. If ED does require medical intervention, you can consult a doctor quick and easily with the convenience of telehealth.
There are an estimated 30 million men suffering from ED long term according to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). The determination of the cause means that the next step is locating the best option for individual treatment. Consider making changes to your lifestyle after reading the causes associated with long lasting erectile dysfunction. You also have the option of medication. Once you ask the doctor about your options, you can use the convenience of telehealth to obtain your prescription refill from your regular pharmacy.
Physical Causes of ED
Heart Disease and Related Conditions – Physical causes of ED include heart conditions that restrict the amount of blood flow to the brain, heart and penis. These are heart diseases such as atherosclerosis, hypertension, and high cholesterol. Damage to the arteries and nerves can result from diabetes in up to 75 percent of men.
Hormonal and Chemical Function – Chemical changes in the body that lead to ED can result from diseases of the kidneys. In as many as half of the men suffering from kidney disease, the chemical changes in the body cause the balance of hormones, circulation and function of the nerves to be affected which leads to the erectile dysfunction.
Neurological Injury and Disease – Getting and keeping an erection is directly affected by the central nervous system. ED results when there is an interruption in the nerve impulses from the brain to the penis. Things such as spinal cord injury, stroke, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease can trigger the onset. Men in their 40’s and 50’s can experience early onset of both Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
Cancer Treatments – ED is also caused by cancer treatments including surgical removal of a cancerous tumor, radiation and chemotherapy.
Emotional Causes of ED
There are emotional causes of ED, as well, including stress of any kind and mental health conditions. The two top causes associated with mental health issues are anxiety and depression. Stress causes that trigger erectile dysfunction include having difficulty with finances, relationships or work.
Other Common Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
There are other common causes for erectile dysfunction. These include:
- Injury and Surgery – The penis or genital area could become injured, or the testicles or penis could be affected by surgery. The surgery does not have to be on the penis or testicles to affect them it could simply be in the pelvic region.
- Scar Tissue – Erectile dysfunction could be caused by scar tissue inside the penis from a condition known as Peyronie’s disease. Testosterone levels could be low or the blood flow could be slowed down to the penis. The compression of the nerves can also result in ED.
- Drugs and Medications – Abuse of alcohol, tobacco or drugs, (legal or illegal), and the use of anti-depressant medications can all result in erectile dysfunction. More than 200 medications can cause ED, according to estimates from the CDC.
- Getting Older – Aging also causes ED. Erectile dysfunction can be caused by so many different factors, and it is possible to determine the actual cause with the help of a virtual doctor through the telehealth system .With the help of an online doctor, you may be able to reverse the effects of this disorder.
Telemedicine for the Treatment of ED
According to researcher Anscombe (2010) who published a report in Telemedicine and eHealth, oil rig workers who become sick and injured can receive adequate healthcare from telehealth “visits”. This investigator found that the men in the study benefited from the service, which is both cost-effective and convenient.
The causes of erectile dysfunction are all treatable. Medication, changes in lifestyle, reducing stress and surgical procedures are all options for treatment. The most difficult cause to treat is the process of aging. It is not impossible to treat, however, and men can have an active romantic life well into their 70’s.
With the convenient help of a telehealth online provider, you can easily ask the doctor questions, get an online prescription from the comfort of your own home, and get a prescription from your own pharmacy or a reputable local pharmacy in your area. There is no need to have to order medication online from an overseas pharmacy or on the internet.
In Fact, more patient’s are resorting to telemedicine through popular websites such as QuickRxRefills.com for refills of maintenance medication especially while they are between office based doctors or while on vacation if they forget or misplace their medication.
Latest posts by simonhopes (see all)
- Having Keepsakes to Pay Tribute to a Close Friend - July 17, 2013
- 3 Events Where You Should Hire A Photo Booth - July 15, 2013
- High Addiction to Cell Phones can affect your Health - July 14, 2013